Wednesday 14 November 2012

Which side are you on? #NaNoWriMo Day14


In order to clarify the teams, to line up the opponents on the chess board, I decided to make sure each of the secret groups (real and imaginary) meet up, at least briefly, today.
It helps me decide who belongs to which group (or more than one group if someone unexpectedly turns up) and what they know or think of each other.  I am not sure it will progress the plot that much, but it will add to the complications.  Bearing in mind "The Man Who Was Thursday", and "Cat's Cradle."  ;-)
Yoko Ono's white chess set
The instructions with this chess set seem relevant: "Chess Set for playing as long as you can remember where all your pieces are."


Portmeirion  - Prisoner fan convention - human chess match
As well as the modern world, I want to draw parallels to earlier centuries...implying either that some alignments have survived that long, or that the same sort of patterns tend to re-emerge within societies and ecologies of belief, etc.
And just score another couple of thousand words, one way or another.
Current music playing for writing:

You took a part of me that I really miss
I keep asking myself how long it can go on like this
You told yourself a lie, that’s all right mama I told myself one too
I’m trying to get closer but I’m still a million miles from you

You took the silver, you took the gold
You left me standing out in the cold
People ask about you, I didn’t tell them everything I knew
Well, I’m trying to get closer but I’m still a million miles from you

I’m drifting in and out of dreamless sleep
Throwing all my memories in a ditch so deep
Did so many things I never did intend to do
Well, I’m tryin’ to get closer but I’m still a million miles from you

No comments:

Post a Comment