Friday 23 November 2012

#NaNoWriMo Day 23 So far, so what?

I didn't write anything last night, but I had some words in hand, so have hit the target with an average update of words.  Still on track.

I had stalled on a plot move, then realised I had to do something to keep moving, so if I am not entirely convinced by it yet, well, try Dan Brown and you will see improbability is no problem.  Indeed, Douglas Adams invented the Improbability Drive to get himself out of a plot point of having painted himself into a corner, I believe.

Suitably, for Day 23 [fnord] I heard that John Higgs had just released a new book about the KLF, which I went to get on my Kindle, and we have exchanged a few words on Twitter, so he may even link through to my Illuminatus! research page on his Tumbr page.

Little synchronicities always cheer me up, as I consider them signs that I am going in the right direction.  You may, or may not, believe in omens.

And tied in with his book, Radio Eris can be found online, with readings from his book.  Sounds like the perfect accompaniment to writing a conspiracy thriller!


Radio Eris is a response to the burning of million pounds on the Island of Jura by Bill Drummond and Jimmy Cauty on 23rd August 1994.

Radio Eris is an algorithmically generated audio stream that will broadcast for 15 days from 23rd November 2012, and then shut down for good.

Each day, Radio Eris will synthetically broadcast one chapter from the book KLF: Chaos Magic Music Money by JMR Higgs, at 3am, 9am, 3pm and 9pm GMT.



"Pulled up to rest, let the engine cool awhile.
Open the beans, gather wood for the fire.
I hum this tune, to all the girls I've known.
Should I care, about the chances I've blown?

Build a fire, they're gonna build a fire

Build a fire, they're gonna build a fire
They're gonna build a fire
They're gonna build a fire

When daylight breaks, I'll be down that road.
Rockman 'an me, with a lighter load.
We'll stop for lunch, in some taco bar.
Lee marvin on the jukebox, 'wanderin star'.

Build a fire, they're gonna build a fire
Build a fire, they're gonna build a fire"



No comments:

Post a Comment