Sunday 11 November 2012

Day Eleven - moving the scene to the countryside

I am only a couple of hours into Day Eleven of NaNoWriMo, so to be a few hundred words up, with several ideas bubbling is very satisfying.


I have decided to move my heroes to the country - on the run, but not in haste - so I can enjoy the Hacienda and the cork forests, and all that.  It's a contrast to the city, and a moment of tranquillity before I start confronting them again (throwing rocks).

I think the really scary baddie has to come in now, and he is going to begin as a surprisingly sophisticated beast, perhaps conning his way into the Archive using the stolen electronic pass, and a great deal of authoritarian body language.  I want him to be intelligent, not just a butcher, because I think it is scarier.

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/old-cork-oak-tree-andalucia-spain-peter-zoeller.html
Meanwhile, on the cork farm, their host is a lapsed aristocrat, a modern, who treats all his workers as equals - but still very rich, respected, connected - a useful resource for the goodies on the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment